Thursday 19 August 2010

busy ish ness

It seems like since the moment I moved to Orem, life has become this fast-paced whirlwind of craziness. Don't get me wrong- i looove it. (well most of it). But it has just been, well, craziness. I miss my mom. Haha she is busy as well and i no longer have the luxury of going home and catching up with her. So in that aspect- i'm glad i have been busy or i would reeeally realize how much i miss her.
I mean, i haven't even seen talli for longer than about five minutes in the last week... and i live with her!
i'm super tired. sleep has not been a priority. nothing of basic nature really has (just look at my room). Even when i'm not engaged in some cause, i'm too tired to do anything productive. i need to do laundry and clean. i really need to go to the temple. i Love being busy. Love it. But too often i forget how to manage my new madness with the basics. Luckily, though, it doesn't take terribly long for me to find that balance.
Balance. I am going to need a lot of that this fall. I'm having issues now, when in two weeks school and an abundance of friends will be added to the plate. (Both of which i am looking forward to.)
Something is wrong with me- i can't eat lately. Yesterday i had a protein bar and some brownies along with other random bites here and there. But i really just don't have an appetite. So. So weird. For me, anyway. I figure its just an ensue reaction to lack of sleep and this new plethora of activity in my life. I haven't worked out lately, either. No bueno. But its not like i've had enough food in me to propel any form of physical exercise anyway...
Well now let me go through all of the fantastical things i have been spending my time doing.
*Working. (I don't know if i would describe this as 'fantastical'... but it pays the bills nonetheless, and supports the next activity in this list)
*Shopping. (Attempting to shop for niecie's mission but then going off on a million tangents of things that i just HAVE to buy. Thank heavens she loves me anyway.)
*Watching movies. (Marissa and i coaxed the boys into watching The Last Song. While we were holding back tears, they were suppressing multiple gag reactions.)
*J5. (It was a blast to practice and put on our presentation for the amazing Lashawn's leadership ditty at slcc.)
*Burning bridges then building them up again. (draaammaaa)
*Working out. (Well hey- last week i was like a work out queen.)
*Hanging out with Piso Mojado. (Search them on facebook- they're awesome)
*Weddings. (I'm so sick of them. Haha just kidding... i couldn't be happier for these precious couples tying the knot.)
*Making Brownies. (Well i did... once...)
*NOT getting sleep.
*Talking to Darbs about Logan being home (So crazy and exciting!!) along with other shtuff.
*Playing like its my job.
*Visiting friends and returning phone calls.

...okay so i thought i was going to come up with this comprehensive list of incredible things i'm doing with my time and legit reasons why i haven't gotten sleep, but it has suddenly come to my attention that its all just a lack of time management on my part. hahahaha oh well what can ya do. i'm happy, and that is what matters. i'll figure out the rest as it comes. And i mean look- today i have nothing planned after work. Perfect opportunity for a temple trip and some cleaning/sleeping/laundry.
I'm super excited for this weekend! Friday... not sure what i'm doing yet. But Saturday i will be with piso mojado all day! and then on Sunday, Niecie and some of the siblings and i are going to a homecoming. Goodness i am having so much fun lately. As long as i remember that 'balance' thing- there's no reason why this excitement shouldn't last :)

No comments:

Post a Comment


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com