Tuesday 26 April 2011

Dance to Die for

Alvin Ailey.
Pure Brilliance.
Breath-Taking.

A few years back I was able to take a class in New York City at the Alvin Ailey studio. Sadly, I didn't truly appreciate it back then.
The dancers are captivating- truly grasping the art.
These dancers literally live to dance. One of them, while commenting on her broken toe said "I don't need to walk, who cares about walking. Get me dancing."

Look up some videos on youtube- absolutely beautiful.

I hope I get another chance to take classes there! (Preferably in the next life when i don't have these silly rods in my back). I'm only one week into my dance addiction recovery, and already having withdrawals haha.


xoxo miss jer bree

No comments:

Post a Comment


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com