Tuesday 1 March 2011

me? lame?

well... i never thought i was. but lately that is the only reaction i get from people: "you're lame."

disclaimer: not All my fans have turned against me... but a descent amount. (thank you to those who still think i am the cats meow).

i don't like writing blog posts anymore. why?? because i don't have anything thrilling to tell you about. i'm not pregnant. i didn't get accepted into grad school. i'm not traveling to africa or fiji. i didn't just meet the man of my dreams or find an ideal internship to further my career. i don't have any admirable degrees or out of this world jobs. i don't have a lot of money and sometimes i just want to get a good night's sleep. i'm not redecorating my mansion of a house or saving anybody's life. i have no terminal illnesses (thankfully) and don't have a houseful of kids to tell you about. I'm not in any mid-life crisis (besides the ones i create in my head daily) and i'm just not that extraordinary. i mean i'll change my hair color every once in a while... but that's about the extent of my excitement. i'm. just. me... and loving it :)

One of my best friends has a blog called 'lovin every moment' and that is exactly what she does. Granted she has a lot to love- a stud of a husband and little baby boy in her belly- but even when times aren't ideal for her, she finds a way to love her life.

So why have people been calling me 'lame' lately? Well besides the things mentioned above, I have recently started a budget. It has been a long time coming and is something that I have always wanted to do. Now that I am in a finance class and have to do it for an assignment, my goal has been reached. This is great and all, but my friends find it very 'lame'. I also have a goal to start eating healthier. Plus I am working on raising my gpa in hopes of grad school sooo my studies are requiring more time than usual. So with me not going to parties as often or late night breakfast runs as frequently... i have earned the title of 'lame'.

And you know what... I can be lame. I am allowing myself to be lame. Cuz when I can afford that iphone... when i fit into that swimsuit... when i'm prepared for that prince charming... or when i get accepted to that grad school... it will all be worth my few 'lame' days. And they aren't so bad anyway ;) in fact. i'm lovin it!

xoxo miss jer bree

No comments:

Post a Comment


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com