Friday 18 March 2011

whats on MY mind?

I have a few things on my mind right now...

The first is country music. Ahhh i just love it. I can't get enough these days. I was even live on kbull the other day!! Sometimes the only thing that feels right is a perfect country song. It is just so fulfilling- especially when you've been listening to the empty lyrics of pop music singing about sex, violence and vodka. I go thru these phases with each genre of music... but right now country has my heart and my ears. :)
Here are my current faves:
Love like crazy- lee brice, Don't you wanna stay- jason aldean w/ kelly clarkson, Let me down easy- billy currington, Are you gonna kiss me or not- thompson square, Who are you when i'm not lookin- blake shelton, Turn on the radio- reba mcentire, Why wait- rascal flatts... and lots others :)
i like the ke$ha reference in the first line of Uncle Kracker's- Good to be me. hahaha

i'm also thinking about tune (see last blog). i just lover her and am so grateful that we have been best friends for so long and that nothing can break that bond because even being apart for a few years doesn't change the fact that we are totally on the same page. bff's for almost 9 years now!

i mean totally on the same page haha.

and the last thing i've been thinking about is cheaters. People that cheat on their significant other... i think it is so so so sad. heartbreaking. and what is even more sad is that a part of society just wants to brush it off and pretend like it's not a big deal... justify it. call me old school... but i think there is something to be said about couples that remain faithful. i have even noticed a relaxed attitude within myself on the matter- such as: well they aren't married yet so it's not As bad. But it's not about whether they're 30 years married or 1 month dating... cheating is an attitude, not just an act. i've been watching the show 'parenthood' on hulu, and it really got me thinking. i love that show because i think it does a great job of portraying the reality of those situations. my favorite part is at 39:40 on the episode Qualities and Difficulties. I love that. I love the value that is conveyed and the respect and the 'hip'ness of it as well. fidelity is shown here as a modern value that is unique yet valuable. I have had a few friends tell me about their devastating break ups due to their other half cheating on them. So, so sad that we live in a world where we get What we want When we want it How we want it. That is where adultery comes from- i believe. The mentality of getting what we want when we want, and not having to pay a price for it. A guest speaker in one of my Psych classes called us the "ME" generation. I was initially offended, but then realized how true it is. If it doesn't benefit ME if it isn't on MY timing or doesn't give ME satisfaction... i want no part of it. What happened to good ole altruism? The egoist seem to be taking the majority these days, breaking apart relationships and families or forfeiting jobs and close pals.

And that, my friends, is what's wrong in this world. according to ME ;)

xoxo miss jer bree

No comments:

Post a Comment


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com