Thursday 22 April 2010

What now, vick?

Well the semester is officially over and as i do with all life questions i texted vick saying... now what??? She told me to move home and take it from there. And so i will.

I pack up today and head out tomorrow. But not before I get one last date in tonight! Why is it that the last 2 weeks of the semester everyone and their dog wants to see me, hang with me, or date me. I can say this in full humility because I have gone a whole year with very little of any of these things! (a few exceptions i wish not to disregard). But really tho- the one time when i actually need to give a hundred percent of my time and focus to my studies, a social life comes knocking at the door. Who am I not to answer??? And so i do. Luckily i have made progress of my goal this year: Balance. So when it is time to put that to the test, i feel i did quite well. My studies got the attention they desired as well as those great people in my life.

Speaking of finals- let me tell you about how mine went. I spent so much time and energy on them, i feel there should be a follow up. Like on the reality shows when they have a post- show show. My method was as follows: A final a day keeps the meltdowns away.



The first final i took was Orientation to Psychology. (refer to prev post to see my true feelings on this class). Like the class, this final was Absurd. Every single question was one that had been on a previous test. Why in the world would you ask me the same question twice? Okay now if it were pertinent to my learning, i give you permission. But the fact that this was one of the questions:

1) After the poster session, Sylvia et al. suggest you do all of the following EXCEPT:
a. buy a ferret from the nearest shelter.
b. get a massage
c. shout for joy
d. buy yourself a nice lunch

I won't tell you what the answer is because that is unethical, but it is not A. Yes, she really did suggest i buy a ferret. go figure. So it is not like i cared for these questions the first time around, yet my glorious Doctor of a teacher thought it wise to bring them back for a second round. Kill me. Anyway- the test went fine. Oh and in addition to the test, i had to fill out two different forms, revise my resume, come up with a resume in 5 years (harder than it sounds) and write a personal plan. One credit class folks. Moving on...

The next test was New Testament. I got a B only because on my way to class one day the evil sunshine lured me to a bench outside where i proceeded to sunbathe for the whole hour. Logical consequences to one of my many genius decisions. It did result in a great phone convo with my dear darby anne if that counts?

Monday: D & C time! I sat in the same chair at the library for 4.5 hours studying. It was worth every second as i glanced at my compliment on the score machine telling me I got an A. :)

Tuesday: History of Psychology. I had studied with a friend over the weekend, but this is not something i was going to tackle in one setting. So, i got together in a small group a couple hours before the final and we sat in the swicket eating in-nutritious vending machine food prying through each others knowledge of multiple psychological theories, methods, and historical figures. You see, this isn't your average test: right answer, wrong answer- a,b, or c. This is psychology my friends. He gives us a few scenarios and then a list of things to do with it, perspectives to see it from, and methods by which to analyze it. It felt pretty good, but only my score will tell for sure.
Wednesday: History of Creativity. First off- i despise this class. Insomuch that I even scheduled another class at the same time as it. It is a ge, and just brutal. If you know me- you know history and science i do not do. (unless it has to do with psych). These people want me to memorize painters and bridges and war tactics and allies and political thingies. False, i will not. Lets just hope my pretty picture at the end of the test will win them over and provide some incentive to pass me. Gosh i hope i pass this class.

And so it goes! I'm done! Kapeesh! Finished! (if i knew how to say it in other cool languages, i would). So we're back to the beginning of this post... What now?
Well as stated, i move home. I am currently in the process of re-decorating my entire room. I discarded anything pink, flowery, or frilly. And I replaced it with antique elephants, budhas in boxes, abstract candles, bamboo plants, a straight black lamp, tan suede bed spread, fake plants on cool rod iron stool, and vinyl Chinese letters. This is all in accordance with my life pursuit of seeking balance and fostering serenity. It is a goal in the making, but there is progress nonetheless.

(This is the overall feeling i want when you walk in. ...ish haha)


I am also signed up for Spring semester. I will be taking Psychology and Am Heritage at the Salt lake extension of byu. Tues/thurs 5-10pm. M,W,F I work here in Provo at BYU Risk Management (i ought to blog about my job sometime). I will be riding the bus which will work out ideally. I actually really enjoy utilizing public transportation. 1. keeps me humble. 2. shows me there is more to this world than just the people i see daily. 3. gives me scheduled 'me' time. 4. i feel i do my best thinking on the bus. and now i will even do reading for school, scripture study, or my daily writing. Maybe i can even share the gospel. 5. saves me a ridiculous amount of money on gas and eliminates the stress of driving. 6. i don't have to wear a seatbelt. 7. it forces me to be on time. and 8. bus drivers are some of the greatest people you'll ever meet.

So spring is promising! I need to make some goals that I will post in the near future :) Until then I'll just enjoy the warm sunshine on my... oh wait. it snowed this morning! bahaha how hilarious. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com