Wednesday 28 April 2010

Yes, I am aware.

I'm just going to jump to the punchline- THERE IS A FREAKING TREE ON MY HOUSE!!! And this aint some little guy. A full blown huge pine tree. Yes. I swear i'm being honest. But now that you know, lets start back to the events that led up to me discovering such a sight.

So yesterday I went to mom's aerobics class (it kicked my butt as usual). I came home, got ready, and headed to byu salt lake. Prob one of the most stressful events of my life. Preface- i am horrid with directions. Beyond horrid. It was just last week that i realized street numbers, like start over in each city??? go figure. Anyway- trying to navigate my way downtown was beyond comical. So far beyond that it nearly reduced me to tears. I was drifting over lanes while trying to read directions, cutting people off making an A line to my exit, turning down one way streets going the wrong way, passing my destination on all four sides before realizing that it was such. Just a mess. I thought I finally found it- pulled up to the entrance, pushed the button hoping the wood arm would go up, and then the lady informed me that it was a private business. I went to back up as a car was pulling in behind me, slammed on the breaks, and told the lady to just let me go in and come back out. On the way out i couldn't reach the freaking button so i had to get out of my car while the folks behind me scoffed, finally got out and managed to pass byu AGAIN. Just tragic. Lone behold- i got there. I walk in and who is there to greet me, the familiar face of miss Suz. It was so nice to recognize somebody. I then had to get a new i.d. card- doing so required a photo. My picture was just plain hideous... Got in the elevator to go to class, got off and spotted none other than Joyce Skidmore!!! a dear friend that I haven't seen for years. She is an angel and played a significant part of a certain time in my life. One of the wisest women I know, and aging beautifully into her elderly years (although you'd never know she was over 40). Anyway, I got to visit with her for a bit and just could not believe at what a wonderful 'lucky' event that was! But alas, I had to go to class. It was intro to Psych, and i was the only psych major in the whole class. This is hard because these people aren't as passionate about the topic as i am, but you have to go thru the bottom to get to the top i suppose. My next class was American Heritage... Anyone at byu knows about Am Heritage. It is the devil's class. Haha no, it was actually implemented by the First Presidency, but it is brutal nonetheless. I do not do history, politics or economics. This class is a mixture of all three. My ultimate nemesis. He has us reading almost 200 pages a week... about these three topics... that i couldn't care less about... whatta trial. For the first hour of class i just wanted to shoot myself. We took a quiz- apparently i don't know anything about American Heritage. Not even 9/11... and I LIVED it! Apparently there were 4 planes, not 3. Who were the two presidents impeached? Not nixon. And how many judges sit on the supreme court? 9, folks! Duh!?! Yeah about that... But the class took a dramatic turn about halfway through (after he proved to me my own stupidity that i was previously aware of). He brought the purpose of the course to life with some heart piercing quotes, holocaust stories, and vivid pictures. He told us of instances where one person has made a difference and just really hit close to home with the course objectives. Changed my life. I do need to be more informed and learn a lot more about this, um, stuff haha. So although it might me treacherous and possibly involve gnashing of teeth- it is extremely pertinent. Plus- The First Presidency said so which raises the legitimacy to like, um i dunno, a bamazajillion??? Anyway. This is half time in my blog so if you need a break i suggest you take it now. If not, stay with me.
Classes ended, I experience the stress of trying to get home. I receive a text from my mother saying 'btw power's out and tree on house'. I thought she was just being a crack head as usual. (i say this with the utmost loving compassion) Turns out that wasn't the case. I pull into my street and it is completely pitch black minus my headlights peering through the thick fog. Let me mind you that the end of Am Herit was a realization that the last days are here and the second coming is nigh. I turn off the music because it just didn't fit the feel of the scene. I am now driving in silence with the wind whistling around my car. The traffic lights are all down, and every once in a while i'll see a human silhouette. I pulled into my neighbors driveway and called mom. She told me not to move til she got there. I jumped in her car, we drove around to charge the phones, grabbed some McD's, and headed home. Pitch black house, a few candles and flashlights, you Bet I was sleeping in mom's bed!! Woke up this morning and went outside to see what the dark storm hid the night before.

Indeed, there was a tree atop my house. (this is only half of it, the other half is still vertical). Just chillin. All day long people would be driving down the street, see this atrocious sight, and come ring my doorbell asking if i was aware of the ginormous tree chillin on my house. Finally I put a sign up saying 'i truly thank you for your kindness, but i am already aware of the huge tree. Unless you can do something about it, don't bother reminding us.' It was getting out of hand. Then! A fire hydrant basically explodes, flooding down our street. Talk about the Lamanite neighborhood. Apparently we're being punished for pride or something. Anyway- i got my hair highlighted this morning so that was good haha. This really has been quite an adventurous few days- hopefully working tomorrow and friday will give me some normalcy to rely on.

No comments:

Post a Comment


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com