Wednesday 15 September 2010

Where have i been your whole life?

*Disclaimer: this post was written under the influence of cold medicine.
Yes, i am aware it has been forever since i last wrote. It is killing me just as bad as it is killing you, if not worse. But have no fear for i have been making great use of my time. I have also been making terrible use of my time, but for now we shall focus on the former. I want to give you updates, thoughts, and exciting as well as not-so-exciting news. So here is how we will do it...

Lessons I've learned in the last little bit:

*Well today i got a letter, and it didn't take me long to learn that Bryan can still make me happier than any other guy on earth.

*I learned my college habits are not the best. I've begun my junior year of college now, and my body is definitely feeling it- every cafe rio pork salad, impromptu frozen yogurt, free on-campus pizza, and last minute krispy kreme doughnut run. My schedule is literalistically soooo not right. I do half my sleeping at night and the other half during the middle of the day. I eat one meal, including dessert, every 10 hours. I shower twice a day- a hot one to wake me up and an even hotter one to put me to bed. And lastly, i lead a double life of prestigious Brigham Young scholar by day and carefree partying social butterfly by night. Yeah. tell me about it...

*I learned my body likes to get sore and sick at the most inconvenient times. Oh and my monthly God-given ability also enjoys being of utmost inconvenience. Like this morning when I woke up to all 3 of those things and had to go test my dances. Grrrr.

*I learned i can't live without dance. After high school, i took my first year of college off. I was sick of dance, which is understandable considering i was practically born on a dance floor and raised there as well. I wanted nothing to do with dance when i graduated high school. That didn't last long. My next year of college i picked up ballroom, skiing, and jogging- hoping they would fill the void i insisted on denying existed. But despite my denial, I knew where my heart was- i must get a dance minor. And so this year and for the rest of my life i will dance. I love it and can't get enough no matter how many bad knees, sore muscles, or torn feet i endure.

*I learned God is the only way it can all be done. He is my task planner, time manager, personal motivator, and all around healer. He is the psychologist for the psychology major. He is the only way i accomplish as much as I do, and stay sane. He is everything.

*I learned that I am sooo blessed. My beautiful car- oh how i love my car. It gets me where I need to go (in style-not to mention) and is so very reliable. My adorable townhome. Such a luxury. My incredible roommates- boy did i get lucky with these 3 top notch classy, inspiring girls. My friends... they save me. Niecie- always supports my emotional weight when i have those weekly/daily meltdowns. I couldn't do it without her- she's like my better half. Behind every strong, successful woman is a friend like Niecie. She balances and grounds me, yet gives me some of the most exciting/ thrilling hilarious times of my life. And darby- she's the oh so wise one. Always willing to give advice, and love you no matter what you do. All my other friends- so so great. And my family- dang i'm a lucky girl! My mom. Well- ya'll know how i feel about my mom via previous posts. She is always lifting me up and letting me vent. Oh and what about my Jones family?? So wonderful.

Okay so now lets get some recent highlights:

-Mama Jones telling me that she can't have her white child getting bad grades or she'll send me to Provo college.
-My mother trying to get me to guess what she wants me to want for Christmas... such a joke! haha especially since i Despise surprises.
-Coming home to Britt playing MJ
-Niecie and I making Songs in swag minor- best.video.ever. If you haven't seen it yet, go to my facebook page now. it will change your life.
-Acting crazy and silly in dance class with all the other girls and boy lauren- because we're all so tired and sore.
-Wearing sweats to all my classes because i just don't care enough to put school clothes on after dance.
-Losing my crush whom i totally thought i would date to an SR... and getting an email from my missionary in the same day. And then seeing said crush on the exact day i got my missionary's letter. Tender Mercies.
-Insta-friends! Random people/strangers that you just click with. I experience about 8 a day.
-Piso Mo Hollar!!!!
-Criminal Justice. Ahhhh, thank heavens!!!!!!
-Getting ready to be a bridesmaid for Nik's wedding!!!
-Going to my lil bro's football games and watching him rep daddy all over!

Alright well the sickness is kicking in and i've put off studying long enough- i'll blog more later peeps.
xoxo miss jer bree



1 comment:


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com