Sunday 9 May 2010

Absurdly Perfect

The Lord's timing is absurdly perfect.

Tender Mercy #1:

Last night starts out unsatisfactory. I get some not so great news. I suddenly lose my desire to go out, thus on the bed i stay. Less than five minutes after this decision, my bff Darby calls me. We played phone tag for weeks, but I finally hear her in the flesh on the other side of the phone. I tell her everything and she lets me vent for an hour, and she says all things i would want her to, completely in agreement, and providing comfort and love with a side of sass. We chat and laugh and mock and analyze and joke and contemplate and reminisce and plan and all else in between. It was sooo good to talk with her, she easily made my day and saved what could have been a waste of a night.

Tender Merc(ies) #2-3:

Today in itself has just been a chain of what others call 'coincidences'. So Mom and I were suppose to go to gram's ward, but it didn't work out. I figured if i moseyed over to the church building, there was bound to be a sacrament meeting starting at one. And so I mosey, until i realize the meeting starts in five minutes. I am not about to miss the passing of sacrament, so i drive much too quickly and park as close as possible, worried that i might be too late. I briskly approach the building doors, and as i walk in a stripling boy approaches me, tin tray in hand. I partook in utter disbelief- it was like he knew i would walk thru those doors at that exact moment. After the sacrament was passed, I entered into the chapel wondering which ward I was in and where I would sit. It wasn't but a few seconds before a Very familiar family caught my eye- the beloved McMasters. Oh how i adore this family and credit them to helping me in my most precious growing teenage years. I sneak into the empty row behind them, wish ma a happy mothers day, say hi to dad, just about die when i see how big the kids have gotten and smile at my lover talli. I feel right at home. After the meeting is finished, tal and i step into the foyer to do our quick catch up and figure out when the heck we're going to play. A man pokes his head out a door a couple feet from us, looks at us and says hello. I didn't recognize him, and so i turn to tal as if she was the intended recipient of the greeting. She hesitantly says hello, and i can tell she is just as confused as myself. He walks over, also noting the confusion, and introduces himself as the Bishop of the singles ward.

Hahahaha what a HILARIOUS "coincidence".

Let me explain- My mom's nag of choice this past week has been that of lovingly encouraging me to, well, get a life. She continuously suggested the singles ward. I refused saying that i love our home ward much too much to leave it, and i'm even teaching relief society in it this upcoming sabbath. Plus- if i don't go to the fam ward, whom with will she go??? So I told her to stop nagging, but I definitely took her words to heart. After all, Mothers are always right. (shout out to all moms- Happy Mothers Day!) When i thought of singles ward tho- i had no clue where to begin, which one to go to, or what time they meet. Plus i just left the two years of student wards behind in provo.

Okay now back to our story, this bishop hands me a packet... in a folder... with colorful pictures and messages and information all about the singles ward. You can imagine my disbelief of what is going on. He tells me of a moab trip that sounds like so much fun i can barely stand myself. I eagerly give him my e-mail address and agree to start attending. And that was that. The Lord, my friends, has impeccable timing.

1 comment:

  1. I am always impressed with what a great writer you are and how you can tell stories, teach lessons, and uplift people through your stories!

    ReplyDelete


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com