Monday 17 May 2010

Wonderful Weekend!

Okay. So i was reading some other random blogs, and they were so different than mine. They were simple and peaceful, and pleasant and nice. Then i came to my blog and i felt like it was screaming, and hyper, a little crazy, borderline all-over-the-place, and complex. I was feelin kinda bad about myself. But then I realized- its because thats who i am. I'm not the 'simple' type. I tried that... and failed. Don't get me wrong- balance is always a goal, and i can be as chill as they come. But I am a person with passion and zeal and excitement and fun! They all had descent length blogs and humble backgrounds. I have opinionated year-long posts with a loud background and lots of boxes. But guess what- thats who i am. i have a lot to say and i flee from boringness, and thats that. I don't want to change myself or my blog, because its just so... me. Well now that thats out of the way- i gotta tell you about my weekend!!!

Friday
!
Ahhh friday :) i drove to work (in provo), and sang to tunes from my ipizzle for all forty minutes. When my ipod died mid high note on lady a's need you now, i was so furious i chucked my mic (cell phone) across the car. Luckily i have about four other means of music in my car. It was a nice drive, i love driving- so therapeutic.
Work was good. Afterwards, i headed to the temple. I can't describe what this was like. Ever since i moved home- life has been kicking my bootay. I was just trying to get thru each day, and not enjoying any of it. I didn't care to. I wasn't myself at all. In a 'funk' if you will. But the temple- well it cured me. Correction- the Savior cured me. But there were many events that he put into place to do so, and the temple was a very significant one. I hadn't gone since i moved home. So now i intend to go every other week. It is just so essential. I don't know how people can last any longer without going. Perhaps i'm just weak. If so- i'm grateful for it. Point of story: Temple was fantastic. After that, i headed to Lehi high to meet up with Niecie. Ahhhh Niecie. This girl is fantastic. I actually was friends with her brother, but decided i liked her better ;) haha no really tho- i couldn't believe how we just 'clicked'. I mean with most friends it's a getting to know you process- which is totally understandable because when everyone is raised so differently and grows up in diverse places- it takes time to foster a friendship. But not with my girl niecie. The best way to describe it: love at first sight. She is such an incredible young lady, and getting ready to turn in her mission papers! I really feel like i've known her for a long time. She gets me... and furthermore even then... she accepts and loves me. That NEVER happens! hahaha. Point of the story- she is my soul sista. Speaking of sistas- we hung with her family and i Completely fell in love with them! LaShawn has got it goin ON (with the two cutest kids ever), Jette was fabulous in her concert, and Morgan rocked my world with some killer make up skills. And mama jones... don't even get me started. One of the greatest women I've ever met. That's doctor Jones now! I know, right!? Just incredible. "You go on and get your doctorate, suga" Were her words of wisdom to me. :) It was awesome. We made our Turnt Up video... epic. You can watch it in Videos of Me on facebook. I really have not had that much fun in such a long time. We were trying to figure out how i can permanently join their family. Unfortunately Mama Jones only produced one male heir that is in a long term relationship haha! Really tho- they are some of the greatest people i've ever met. Here is a taste of what great adventures we had with TRIPLE TURNT UP:Like i said... watch the vid :)

Lets just say i woke up Saturday with some super sore abs.

Saturday!
I rolled outta bed around ten and went to town with the downstairs. Got some serious cleaning done, and ran to Blue Boutique with mom to buy lizzy's gifts for her bridal shower that night. (Never going in that store again so please- no more wedding showers). Around seven we, as in me, lizzy, tal, and chills, headed to Texas Roadhouse!!!! it was such a blast and So good to catch up with all the girls. Lizzy is stoked for her wedding and finally found a place to live! Chills and boyfriend... well its just a matter of time ;) and talli is fabulous as always- we are the single ones :) Haha so after dinner, we went back to my house to do gifts and dessert. I won't go into detail about the gifts... but dessert was good! Haha and then we had andrew (her fiance) come over. Chills and Lizard headed out about ten or eleven, and tal stuck around a bit longer. (i think its just because i picked her up so she was stuck with me). We had a really great talk! More like i had a great time talking.... haha we got on the topic of bryan (that never happens...) and she wanted the story. I didn't object (i never would) and so i told it. All of it. Beginning to end. A few hours later we got to the journals part... it was so precious. Then we talked about her life and then we got tired and i took her home about 1:30 am. As i dropped her off- she gave me some great advice about my Relief Society lesson that i had to teach in 7 1/2 hours. So i went home (mom was gone for the night) and laid out all of my teaching materials across the king size bed. I just dove into my lesson- it was so great i loved every minute! I was having such a good time and learning so much and letting the ideas flow, that it wasn't until i was finished that i glanced at the clock which read 5:30am. The gospel gives me so much energy that i didn't even feel tired! At that point i was debating if i should even go to sleep. (all nighters are not unusual for a y student like mahself). I decided an hour or two wouldn't hurt. So i took a 'nap' and then got up, got dressed, and headed to the church.

Sunday!
I gave my lesson, and it went really well! But seriously i will tell you why- because i'm pretty sure every prayer said that morning had a blessing in it for me. I was sooooo so grateful for these thoughtful prayers. THAT is why it went well. Not because of me- honestly this was my first lesson ever. But it felt so good i loved it! And the awesome sisters in my ward made it soo easy because they are all so willing and teachable. It was great. Later- I grabbed Janessa Winterton (one of the greatest, most kind hearted girls you'll ever meet) and talli hottie and we headed to singles ward. it was good times :) haha. So as you can see- i had a WONDERFUL WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com