Wednesday 26 May 2010

Whatta Weekend!

So last weekend was extremely eventful for me! The weekend began Thursday evening after my Psych class. Two words: Reconnaissance Mission. That's right. And what is more thrilling than a woman on a mission? Nothing I tell you. The mission initiator was my brother, Nik. My mission was in reality a sub mission to his greater mission which was also a sub mission to his greatest mission: Exaltation. Alright I'll stop with the fluff- He Proposed!!!!!! It was so great. That morning we went and picked up the ring, endured a laborious search for blue skittles, sought out the best smelling candles, ran laps up and down grocery store aisles, and sought out our most perfect destination with the ideal view. It was quite the adventure. As he headed off to work as most men do, I slaved away. (as most women do). I put together pictures, baked pita pizzas that I didn't even know existed until that morning, and compiled all of our materials to executed this weighty event. Then off to class I went. As soon as my professor declared class finished, I met up with my partner in crime: cousin Ashley. We dressed in black, and gathered the heap of supplies, placing them in her inconspicuous vehicle. We then headed out, and picked up Mama Rivers on the way. We found the designated area with only a slight confusion of location. As we began to sluggishly unpack the mission items and place them for display, Mama Rivers stopped in her tracks and hectically proclaimed that the eagle had arrived. It was panic from that point to the arrival. We were tossing blankets, trying to get candles lit, and flinging rose petals right and left. As they approached, we dodged the blindfolded bride-to-be and launched ourselves into a discrete dirt mound. They came, he knelt, she obliged. And that was that- they were engaged!!!
The result: a happy couple and dirt-covered clothes.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!



Now the weekend could have ended there sufficiently, but to my delight it went on profitably.

Next stop: Vegas Please!
My bff Vick is heading to basic training for the Army this summer, and so it seemed expedient that we have one last girls trip. And what better place than Las Vegas? So her, her mom, sis tally, sis crystal, sis' friend rebecca, sis-in-law kim, and I packed up Friday afternoon and made our way down to Sin City. It was a BLAST to say the least! I wondered a bit if it would be a success or not- you never know with seven women, two even being with child. But it was a success indeed! We enjoyed all the good that Vegas has to offer! (Which there is a descent amount despite the earned connotation of Sin City). We went shopping and walked the strip, saw Phantom at the Venetian which was ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE. I LOVE shows, and have seen many in my lifetime, but this one is easily in the top faves. It was so enjoyable and a well deserved break. Not to mention- the warm weather was to die for! Seeing as we came home to snow... Here are some pics :)
Seriously tho- One of the best weekends! I loved the people i was with and all the good times we had :)

No comments:

Post a Comment


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com