Wednesday 12 May 2010

Awkward Me

Okay so I was accepted to be a Y Group Leader for New Student Orientation next year at BYU. They wanted me to introduce myself on the group page on Facebook. I felt a bit awkward haha like coming out in p.j.'s when your roommates have guys over... that feeling of there's nothing to be ashamed of but i'm feeling awkward nonetheless. I tried to break the ice with some humor in the middle... Well here is what I wrote:

"Hola! I seem to be a little late on this one... but better late than never! This is my first year doing NSO, and I can't wait! My name is Jerica and I am a Junior-ish haha. I'm studying Psychology and hope to continue with it until i have Dr. in front of my name. I am from and currently reside in Salt Lake City (more specifically Cottonwood Heights). Its just my mom and i in the house (the family gets super complicated from there on out)- but we have good times :) I am a dance minor- I have danced all my life and it is one of my greatest passions. I am a passionate person. (I feel like i'm applying for a dating ad haha) I am a serious Michael Jackson fan. Cool fact: My dad, Craig Garrick, was a captain of the Natl Champ football team here at the Y back in the day w/ his father-figure LaVell. So ya- i love playing with my friends. I can't cook to save my life. I have a fat puppy named izzy. I work for BYU Risk Management as the Insurance Assistant for the University. I am not one to sit at a desk, but i Love basically everything except for the work, just enough to keep me there. I love summer. I love BYU! Yay NSO! "

1 comment:


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com