Friday 5 March 2010

Blog Baby (Week in Review)

Yes, i am but a wee infant in this big blog world. Is it a bit scary and overwhelming? You betcha. But alas it must be conquered! Well enought of that- let me tell you about my fab beyond fab week!
*Disclaimer- My brain thinks in random connected chains, focus and organization are fought for in my writings, which i refuse to do with free writes such as this. So good luck and try to keep up! Also- this is like 12 blogs in one, hence why it is so long. But this first one had to be like that :)
Monday I decided to go down memory lane. I discovered a plethora of old photos. Ahhh how great it was to visit such good times! I really started to miss old friends. It is crazy how college or growing up in general completely separates and changes you. It isn't a good or bad thing, but I was a bit sad thinking of all the close friends I have slowly drifted from. But the good thing is, no matter how cheesy, they are, in fact, always in my heart! Some not-so-great news on Monday- My dear stepmother's mom is in the hospital :( Please keep her in your prayers!! Speaking of prayers- Chile could use a few! I think it is so sad that Haiti got all this hype and fame (not the sad part) and Chile is being swept under the carpet as naught (sad part). I have a dear friend, Elder Law, currently serving in Conception, who is luckily safe and sound. But they had to build swords out of the rubble from demolished buildings to keep people like mobs and gangsters from attacking the church. HELLO!!!!! can you say whats up I Am Legend??? gosh i cannot even fathom what these elders are experiencing. Mamalaw got to talk to him for a few minutes, and that is what he told her before the line got cut. I would die. I have to thank Darbs for getting all the updates on this situation, that girl really cares and it shows.

Speaking of Darbs- lately she has been sending me these story e-mails that i just absolutely LOVE! It's like a story book, pictures and all, but with each e-mail as turning the page. So great.
Tuesday! Ohhhh Tuesday. Tuesday was actually Elder Tagge's 6 month mark. Which means 4 month mark from the time I have gotten a letter from him. That topic deserves a blog in itself which i am not willing to do at this time, so lets move onward. I went to the temple on Tuesday! And can i just tell you, the sweetest most wonderful people on the Earth are those incredible temple workers. Gosh I just love them. It was a great Temple Tuesday, and I hope to return next week! After the temple, I had my jogging class. (This replaced my former skiing class) We jogged two miles just to time our pace- i'm about 9-10 minutes a mile for a casual jog which is great because i am SO not a runner! After that I went to kickboxing, ahhh how i love love kickboxing. I finally found an instructor that can kick my butt, and boy does she ever! I love her combos her music- the hip hop was rocking my world and then suddenly.... MICHAEL JACKSON came on. Thats when I knew I was in the perfect class for me :)
Wednesday I realized i tweaked my right glute/hamstring in kickboxing. I was walking like a grandma. But the day, like all the others, was just great! Work was fab- i love the awesome girlies i work with! D&C was ridiculously inspiring as always- Is there something in our lives that the Lord has asked us to let go of in order to get something better?? It may not even be a bad 'something' but if its good, perhaps he wants to give us the best. We also talked about the Saints moving to Kirtland and how some of them were dragging their feet- Is there anything in our lives that the Lord has asked us to do yet we seem to be dragging our feet?? We also learned about our perfect, omiscient (all knowing), ominpotent (all powerful), and omnipresent (always there) God. How comforting to know that my life is in the hands of such a superior being! Great lesson :) In New Testament, we learned about The Good Samaritan, but the way he told the story, it was as if i had never heard it. We learned the symbolism and the parallels to the Plan of Salvation. It was incredible. Then, in Psych History, i learned all about Human views, determinism, etc. Gosh I love Psychology, I still can't believe it took me so long to figure out that was my Perfect major! I feel like i finally found my niche. And i think i will do a contemporary dance minor. This is ironic, because when i graduated high school i put those down as my goals. I went thru about nine other majors and came full circle right back here. So funny. Anyway- after all that learning, my awesome cousin (occasionally referred to as my brother) Nik and i went to the Gym. I swam laps and then went to Yoga- now let me tell you about Yoga. If you didn't know, I have two titanium rods in my back and a scar that traces my spine from the neck to tailbone. Ask me and i'll tell you the story or perhaps even blog it. I may even show you my scar! haha. Anyway, back to yoga. So usually the class is frustrating to me b/c even tho i'm still more flexible than most people- i don't have the range of motion that I used to. But this time was different, i embraced the freedom i Do have with my body and excelled in my yoga. For the first time in 3 years... i did a backbend!!!! don't ask me how, and no it was not painful. It is simply a miracle. Do not disregard divine power; that happens much too often these days. But i mean what an accomplishment! Then we were trying to do this one hard pose that basically noone could do, the instructor walks over to me (awesome guy) and tells me, in front of probably 40 people, and tells me to get my "junk off the floor"................. yeah. HELLO! what the heck? is that a fat joke!? i mean how am i suppose to react to that? was he compliment my abundantly-blessed bottom, or feeding my 19 year old body image insecurities??? haha anyway, he made it up by covering me with a mat when he noticed a didn't have a sweater to keep my muscles warm during cool down. So Yoga was just grand.
Thursday!
Stay with me folks!!!!!
I had a Psych101 test, which are very peculiar for each question, you fill in 4 answer lines. if you are positive that the answer is "B" then put 4 B's. if you are split, put two of each letter. etc. Bizarre, right? then- you have a scratch of sheet. And they count the number of tries before you scratched off the right answer... anyway that was interesting. Following class, I met with my professor to talk about a research project I need to put together for my 90 day field study in Italy Spring/Summer 2011. It was good and i just need to come up with some more ideas. I then rode the bus home in the warm sunny weather which soon turned to... a Blizzard! What the!? Remember- this is the second day of running class? 5k outside in the freezing, windy, blinding blizzard. Remember that one time i told you i'm not a runner??? I'm not one that enjoys being wet and cold either. At all. But I put my big girl boots on, toughed it out, and headed into misery. And that is exactly what it was for the first half mile, MiSeRaBlE!!! but then... it changed. it COMPLETELY changed. into... bliss. Pure bliss. Heavenly bliss. I have no idea! don't ask- i'm just confused as you. It was one of the best, easiest, most enjoyable runs of my life. 3 miles seemed like crossing the street, and i LOVED IT! but don't tell anyone b/c then they might think i actually like running, which for the record i totally don't.
This morning- 2 things. 1. we got bagels and choco milk at work :) :) :) 2.My mom left for San Antonio to do a teacher's conference thing. She deserves her own blog too- incredible woman.
She is over Alta High's Dance Company (the most outstanding hs dance company in the world, i'm convinced). They have their year end concert March 11, 12, and 13th. I will be there all three nights- no i cannot get you free tickets. But you will wonder why you only had to pay a fraction of what the ticket is Really worth once you see the incredible concert!!! So ask me for detes and come support! I think I am going to wrap things up for this decade long blog. Happy Weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com