Wednesday 17 March 2010

My Lying Mother

So last weekend was my mother's dance concert...
She is the adviser (along with the help of her bff di) of the Alta High School Dance Company aka the best dance co in the state, nation dare i say.

Point of the story- she is incredible and the best of the best come to see her show each year. This year was no exception. Although, I confess i was a bit worried. Lately, our personal lives have been less than stable with grandparents in and out of the hospital etc. My mom also had to take a quick trip to Texas on the weekend before the concert. Due to such factors, as well as some others, she stressed that the concert mightn't come together. Now this is completely normal- every year she tells me that she is worried it won't turn out and blah blah blah, but this year she was straight up trippin! She kept asking me what if this was the one year it really didn't in fact come together. She had me all sorts of worried, but for no good reason at all. I was so mad at her after i saw the show the first night. It was PHENOMENAL!!! But ya know- my mom always does that. Why do people have such high expectations of her??? Because she Always exceeds them! Without fail! i.e. "jer this will be a light christmas" and i wake up to a million presents. Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Her concert was just incredible. Everyone that saw it loved it and raved how it was better than the college level dance concerts. I went all three nights and just Loved to be there and support my momma. This is a tradition we've had for years (she's been doing dance co for years). It's fun because each year we do the concert, our situation has obviously changed in the course of the last year. It's interesting to see how we've changed from year to year, our family situation, and the friends we bring each night. It is a marker of where we are in our lives that year.
This Year....

I brought:
Lizzy & Andrew! (My cute engaged friends)
She has been coming with me for years!!! Yes, we are sisters. And I am Sooo happy she found her prince! He is a stud... despite the fact he looks high in this picture haha. And he respects our sisterhood which is a huge blessing!



Lou!
The only member of Lady Alliance left in Utah (for now). She is my lover face and one of the greatest girls i've met. I keep hanging around her hoping she'll rub off on me. Also the best candidate for marriage... so boys, she's single!


Hilly!
Ahhh hill. This girl just fulfills something for me that is quite unique. She def gets my passion for dance, and life in general. One of the sweetest, most peculiar incredible people i know.


Grandma was unable to make it because of her poor leg...


... but she was there in spirit, and the rest of the crew in the flesh!




The men found their place in the ticket booth!


Nik and Amber showed up for Saturday! (the honeymoon couple)
How cute are they!? Amber is a doll face, and hopefully a soon-to-be sister-in-law!


The harley hawties made their appearance as well :)

And so the show went on and it was FANTASTIC!! Mom- your word means nothing to me when it comes to you talking yourself and your abilities down. You are amazing, face it. Also- kudos to others that helped with the concert as well as those fab and ridiculously talented dancers! From hip hop to contemporary, this concert hit the spot! If you missed this show, make sure to catch it next year!

2 comments:

  1. does she post clips of her work on youtub? i'd love to see her work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have some on facebook :) Here is the link:

    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/posted.php?id=158279684115&share_id=294359401839&comments=1#s294359401839

    ReplyDelete


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com