Friday 26 March 2010

Orientation to... hell.

Well although that's not the real title of my Thursday afternoon Psychology class, it should be!
Allow me to explain-
All Psychology majors, and minors i believe, have to take this class called Orientation to Psychology. It is suppose to be a light overview of the Psychology field. It is worth ONE credit. (Half as much as my religion courses). The first day, I sat and listened to Dr. Miller use big words and make abstract sentences that flew like paper cranes right over my head. The FIRST DAY i began to doubt my decision as a Psych major. But... if you know me you know it would take a lot more than that to make me change my mind. (it's that stubborn dutch blood). And so I persisted.



Let me give you some facts:

1. We were divided into groups- and i've spent more time with that group of mine than on any amount of religion homework. (Luckily i got an Awesome group, so i really don't mind them at all, but time is time).

2. We were assigned 2 big projects, multiple assessments (aka tests, but if you're in psych you must call them assessments to make you sound more intelligent), tons of reading, multiple questions that we had to submit, and the list goes on...

3. THE ABSURD TESTS! (previously referred to as assessments) are absurd. First of all- for each question on the test you put down 4 answers. If you are positive the answer is "B", you put down "B" four times. If you are split between two answers, put two of each etc etc. Okay so first you do that on your own, then you get with your group and do the same exact absurd test, but as a group. Except now you use an absurd scratch off. So if you think it is "B", you scratch off "B". If there is a star- happy day. If not- try again sucker! you are deducted for the amount of 'tries' or scratch offs you have. Do you believe me yet that it is absurd??

~Now, about the actual questions (equally absurd). He'll ask us specific numbers such as salary questions that apparently within my 300 pages of reading and probably well over 100 statistics, percentages, and salary figures i was suppose to use my superhero photo memory to recall. EARTH TO WHOEVER THE HECK MADE THIS TEST this is real life folks and i am an actually living person with weaknesses and a faulty human brain.

...but hold it

did i really just read an answer choice that said something about "grad school is better because professors party harder".... okay HOLD THE PHONE and i mean it. Are you really going to question my intelligence like that by giving away an answer. I don't need dumb answers to choose from or 'give away' points... oh wait maybe i do. But! only because you Know the other questions are completely ridiculously impossible! Why else would you feel the need to provide these freebies. BAM! That's what I thought.

And finally... the great t.a. I will withhold his name for ethical purposes, but boy is that something he lacks (ethics). He sends me pointless e-mails with random youtube videos attached. Sorry dude, but some of us take this 'college' thing seriously. Moreover, he provides outlandish (word choice by tessa hottie witt) comments on my midterm.

Exhibit A.

He had the NERVE to doodle some dumb hangman on my paper accusing me of being a 'brown noser'. Who does this guy think he is?? (whether i am actually guilty of such sucking up or not is beside the point).

But this is where this post takes a drastic turn...


He liked my work, and gave me a fantastic grade on it! Ahhh the satisfaction. So now that i'm done ranting and raving about how evil this class is, i can tell you how much i love it. It is quite a sick thing, but i do. I can't get enough of it. I love spending wayy too many hours with my group on a 1 credit course. I love having to look up 5 different words just to understand One of Dr. Miller's sentences. I love being called on the carpet and not getting away with my smirk attitude and cocky essays. And I LOVE being rewarded for my hard work.
i love psychology.


No comments:

Post a Comment


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com