Monday 8 March 2010

Firsts...

So I was raised by a single Mother and knew one thing growing up- Dance! She was an incredible dancer her whole life, drill coach, dance company adviser, competition judge, UDJA officer... basically a goddess in the dance world. To this day, people call her to have her come look at their dances and invite her company to guest perform. (Year end concert coming up!) Dance was our walk, talk, food, drink, breath, life. Yes, I did well in school and we went to church and spent time with the family, but dance was a huge part of growing up. (Dance Blog Coming Soon). Anyway- this is clearly a topic i'm passionate about, but not the one i'm addressing at the moment. What i'm trying to say is- there wasn't much time for other activities. Or money for that fact -costumes and competitions get pricey! And the older I get, the more life i see that there is to live. So, when I got into college, I decided I wanted to really experience life- for i have seen but one small tiny portion of it. As such, this last year was filled with 'firsts'. Great experiences and fun times! (Many that I have to thank great friends for exposing me to i.e. darbs, lou, nik, vick, bryan, tune, hill, etc. ) So let me share a few of those with you...

For the first time I...

1. Shot a Shotgun!











2. Went river rafting!
















3. Sat under a train bridge!


4. Attended a rodeo!
















5. Learned to ballroom dance!



















6. Went skiing!
7. Took singing lessons!













8. Tried new foods!












9. Was a bride's maid!

10. Tried wakeboarding!













11. Ran a 5k!













12. Went rock climbing!


13. Saw a 3d movie!













14. Hiked the Y!










YAAAYYY!


So those are a few of the "firsts" that i experienced this year!!! More to come: Learn a new language, play the piano, live in a different country for 3 months, figure out this cooking thing etc. Wish me luck!! :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this section! It motivates me to try new things and live life to the fullest finding fun times and joy in new experiences!

    ReplyDelete


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com