Wednesday 10 March 2010

Sleep Well Sweet Grandma

This world just lost one of it's sweetest, most gentle, kind-loving members- my grandma rosenvall. Grandma Rosenvall is the mother of my step mom, Carol. Although it has been a while since I have been with her (she's in Canada), I will never forget the memories i made by her side. She was with me through the hardest trial of my life- losing my dad. While he was in surgery all day long, she sat with us kids. She was the first one to teach me how to do any type of sewing. With her gentle encouragement and incredible patience, she helped me make a book mark with my name running down the front. I can remember her soft voice telling me it would be alright, and her loving embrace as I received, literally, the worst news of my life.
Her spirit was pure and countenance- entirely genuine. She always made me feel at home wherever we were. After my dad passed, she made these cutest teddy bears with our name and dad's football number in blue and white. Her capacity to love was great, and her willingness to do so even greater. Please pray for that wonderful family.
I know my dad has his arms outstretched as she enters those gates.

I went to the temple on Tuesday, and as I left, one of the sweet workers put his hand on my shoulder and with a huge grin asked me if I believed in life after death. I smiled equally as big and said, without a shadow of a doubt, Yes. I do not believe in coincidences, people. Lie in peace grandma rosenvall, i know our Savior will now take you into his rest. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com