Monday 14 June 2010

freaken weekend

Last weekend was a whirlwind of events! And unfortunately, my weekend started early. Allow me to explain...
Thursday I woke up at 7 with the worst stomach ache in the world. I don't have a stomach of steel like i used to, so this was not unusual. I thought it was just stress or worry about something because that is also frequent, but I was wrong. I won't go into detail, but by noon my stomach was entirely empty and my body felt like I had been hit by a truck and then beaten with a baseball bat. Miserable. Every time i sat up i thought i was going to lose my lunch... but the problem was that i had already lost it multiple times and there was no more lunch to lose. Miserable. So that is how I spent my day. The worst part was that I had told my friend Lizzy that i couldn't go to her wedding dinner because it was the last day of classes and those were lectures that I absolutely could not miss. Welp, not only did i miss the dinner, but the crucial classes as well. But finally after what felt like a year, Thursday was coming to an end and the diagnosis was made: Food Poisoning.
(Thanks ma for taking care of me)

Friday
was worlds better. I woke up feeling like i could live again, but the body aches had turned to soreness. I was able to eat a whole cracker by myself with out having to give half to fat izzy. I got up and got ready, then headed to the SL Temple to do pictures with the gorgeous bride miss liz lyon! (now liz payne). I met up with chills and boyfriend (aka fiance), and we got to share this fun time together.
After, I had to go into work because for some reason I had people calling my cell phone the night before about work-related things. So I drove to Provo, still terribly weak. I took care of what needed to be taken care of and then headed home, slept for an hour, went to Lizzy's reception for about 7 minutes, ran to grandma's birthday dinner at Cowboy Grub- downed some soup, and raced back to the reception in time for dance, cake, and car decorating. It was faaaantastic! Chills, Lizzy and I had a BLAST! My favorite part of weddings? Dancing of course. And so the night went on. The couple left and chills and I headed to take boyfriend a treat, but we experienced a quick turn of events.

I got a 911 text from my mom and instantly called her. She said it was about grandpa and I needed to get to the care center immediately. By some miracle we were just approaching his exit, and so chills took me straight there. I was nervous, but hopeful as I walked into the somber, tear-filled hallway. It wasn't a comforting sight as the ambulance rushed my sweet gramps to the ER. But before they stole him away, the family shared a moment as he was given a blessing, and then to the hospital we raced in the pouring, mood-perfect rain. It was black outside, and we drove in fear wondering if he would make it through. The rest of the night was a blur as we waited and waited while the news kept getting worse. "His organs are shutting down", "He's going downhill fast", "It's worse than we thought". But we clung together as a family and kept the faith and prayers flowing. And despite such scary times, the hours of waiting held hopeful laughter and distracting time passing activities. They finally told us he was being moved to Shock Trauma. The name itself is not easy to swallow. There he would have the attention he needed. So up we went, and the long, draining hours continued. We tried to sleep... ate a bit...managed to entertain ourselves...
Finally, around 3am, grandpa was stable. They spoke with the adults in charge, discussed legal matters, and then told us to call it a night. And so we did...

My Saturday began a little after 10am. Still exhausted from the sickness on Thursday, and late night on Friday, but happy to be starting a new day. I got ready at my own leisure, and headed out the door to my new favorite hang out: The Jones Home. James and Maria met me there, and we played our newest form of entertainment: Just Dance! The rest of the day was equally enjoyable. James, Maria, Niecie, Jette and myself headed to American Fork. It was funny because I know James from school, and i know his awesome family, but i have never entirely associated the two. Niecie and sisters are my girlfriends, James is my guy friend, and seeing them together as a family... tripped me out for a second. But only a second. Oh and don't worry- he didn't mind being the only guy on our outing, with 4 sisters and a strong-souled ma, he's used to it. So we did some browsing in a boutique (it was called Modest Sexy or something... most of their clothes were neither modest nor sexy... go figure), and we went to eat at in-n-out, then to the movies! We saw the Karate Kid. awwww yeah! It rocked my world. Seriously tho. I was crying then i was laughing then i was empowered and inspired all at the same time. I absolutely love it. And seeing as Will Smith is my ultimate celebrity crush... his son slayed me. So irresistibly adorable. This movie- go see it. As niecie said, my friends and i were the oldest ones there without accompanying little children, but it made no difference to us! Oh and it was sooo good to see my long lost lover Maria- she is amazing. And so it went. Afterwards, i helped Mrs. Jones unload patio furniture for her party on Wednesday that I am pretty stoked for. There may even be a blog about it :) That night I also got to go meet LaShawn's husband. He is a man in uniform, and my word they are such a kick-A little family! I absolutely love it. Would i normally put those two together- probably not. But once you see it, sooo great! I loved it. So then we brought treats back for the fam bam and Niecie and i wrote that blog you can read below titled "Soul Rapist". And after we were all tuckered out, i packed up my stuff and headed home.
So as you can see I had a crazy weekend with highs and lows alike! :)
Now if I can just survive this week and get finals over...

No comments:

Post a Comment


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com