Wednesday 30 June 2010

Swimsuits and Social Lives

Ohhh the dilemmas i have. Today I will cover two: Swimsuits and Social Lives.

SWIMSUITS!
Yes, tis the season. At this time of the year, most people re-activate their gym passes, order the newest diet fad, or fork out that money for lipo. After all, it is the season of bodily exposure. But me?? naaahhh. I'm happy just the way my body is. Don't get me wrong- I still work out and try to watch what i eat to prevent weight gain, butttt i'm quite content. And so! With that being said. I was pretty stoked to go swimsuit shopping this year. Usually it is a self-esteem bash and internal confidence battle in the dressing room, but with my new found security, I assumed this year would be different.

I assumed wrong. Well sorta. No, I did not suddenly get the urge to stop eating for a month when i looked in the mirror, but i was STILL super frustrated!!! I could not get a swimsuit to look good on me. And believe me i tried on pleeeenty. But then I realized- its not me, its you!

Let me expand.

My body... it is unique. (As all bodies are). But apparently it is Very different from what any clothes designer claims to be 'normal'. I would really like to see the mannequins these people are using...

I'm tall. I have a lonnnngggg torso. Big big big booty. Big. Booty. Descent hips, small waist. Tiny chest. Thick legs. And such is my body that i love so much. BUT! do you think they make a swimsuit to fit this? Negative.

The easiest thing to do is to get a bikini so i can mix and match, and then it only has to fit in a few areas... because it only covers a few areas....

But! modesty please!!!

One pieces... not a chance. But it's not because i wouldn't love to wear one. I try them on all the time because Freak! there are some cute ones! But never in my life will i find a one piece that fits me. Why? Because by the time I get it long enough for my torso and covering my Entire bootay... Its sagging all around my waist and 6 sizes too big in the chest area. So I gave up on one pieces- thank goodness for tankini's!!

So I finally found one i like.

Sizes-
Top: SMALL
Bottom: XX LARGE

What is wrong with that picture???? Oh well, ya know what if it fits i'm happy! the top is kinda sexy while covering my stomach etc. And the bottoms have a skirt that covers that big booty of mine and flatters the legs even. But it is a bit large in the waist, nothing mom can't fix. Or grams... haha.

And really, it is not just me! All the ladies and i in the dressing room had a nice bonding moment over ranting and raving about the absurd sizes and styles of swimsuits, all nodding in agreement to one another offering up what grinds their gears. . Even the workers joined our mini pep rally.

And so the swimsuit dilemma goes....

SOCIAL LIVES!
Oh how i looove being social. I LOVE having a social life. But here is the dilemma: A social life has its side effects, if you will. We will use my current situation as an example.

The first problem is gas. Which leads to the second problem of money.
Almost all my friends live in Lehi, Orem, or Provo. So much gas usage!!! Which means so much money usage.

It's expensive to have a social life!

Money. Gas money aside... Going out to eat, catching a movie, laser tagging, grabbing lunch, buying food to make dinner, a second movie, more food, buying cute clothes to wear to the movie, getting into clubs, attending festivals... you get the picture. So expensive!

Time. There is never enough! By the time I get off work, head to wherever i'm going, there are only a few hours til midnight. Unless i choose to stay out later which leads to our next issue...

Sleep. If you didn't know, I am a woman of sleep. I haaave to sleep. A lot. I hide it well. And i'm learning how to better go without. But it ALWAYS catches up to me. None of this 7-8 hours crap. I need a full ten to be fully rested. Unfortunately, I can't always sleep in because i've trained my body to wake up much too early for work. So if i'm going to bed late and waking up early... kill me. I complain basically every day of how tired i am. I am always tired. Usually it is manageable, but when it gets bad my body shuts down, i get sick, and have to sleep for at least 15 hours to feel better.

Priorities. My priorities get a little screwed when i have a social life. This one goes with time as well... but too often things like working out get pushed to the backseat. If i'm working all day, and playing all night, and lacking sleep, there is NO chance i'll work out. This is a serious problem, the biggest one that i'm dealing with right now, so i'll let you know how it goes!

And such are my dilemmas! Please feel free to offer any advice on these :)

xoxo miss jer bree

2 comments:

  1. solution: become a trophy wife and then you'll have so much money for your social life, and you can sleep whenever you aren't being social.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ewwww. dang sista jones why would you give me such terrible advice!? haha ;)

    ReplyDelete


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com