Friday 18 June 2010

The Jones Fam Damily

If you haven't noticed, I have adopted myself into an additional family: the jones (shoutout to my original family so you don't feel bad- you're still number one and i love you). Funny thing- my grandma's maiden name is Jones and I always told her how i loved that she was a 'Jones girl'. Well this family is everything i could hope for in a second family and more. They feed me, love me, entertain me, humor me, love mj, love god, love to dance, love my booty, and are basically one of the greatest families on the earth i am convinced. My first time over there I knew it was a perfect match. It all started Winter semester when i had class with the only son of the family- James. We realized we were meant to be friends, and so it went on. Then i met his sister, Niecie, and decided that I liked her better. (air cursive l.o.v.e. james). And so it went, an unstoppable spiral from there. Let me tell you about each of them.

We'll start with the head of the family: Mama jones. This woman is indescribable. Yes, she is THAT amazing. She will give you the business, and she will love you like none other. She just had a garden party that was kick butt. Talk about natural born hostess. She also just recently received her doctorate- all that with a family of five! Def one of my heroes :)

Next is her hubby, Jim. He can barbecue like none other, and provides probably half of the food i consume when i'm there. He is retired from the Military, and now spends his days cooking and cleaning after the family haha. My favorite part about him is his wooden shoes that he wears around. Because I have all that Dutch blood, I feel just at home when I'm there.

The oldest and wisest of the siblings ;) is Mrs. LaShawn. Mmm how i love me some LaShawn! This woman knows whats up. She is married (they met online, ask her for the story its fantastic) and has two irresistibly adorable kids. LaShawn keeps it real. When I need advice or help with anything, she is the go-to gal, the big sis i never had. And she is such a fun mom with a cute little family of her own!

The one and only Jones brother: James C. Like I said, he is the first one that I met and we've now been good friends for half a yearish. James is awesome, like literally such a genuinely good guy. He would do anything for you if you just asked. He got home from his mission in South Africa about a year ago. We have the exact same taste in music. Exact. He is in an Acappella group called Piso Mojado with Niecie, which i just found out means 'wet floor'... Haha Anyway it would be impossible for James and i to be in the same room together not having fun. He likes to tease me and I like to beat him up. Oh and he thinks he's a better dancer than i ;) Plus he's getting super ripped and he loves when people feel his muslces....

Moving on!
The lovely Niecie. Ahhh Niecie. She's like a breath of fresh hair. Haha but really. This girl... This Girl! First off she is gorgeous. Why am i never seen in public with her? Because even if we were together nobody would be looking at me. She is le-git. We are a loootttt alike. We both write like crazy, and we get each other. She always calls me out on stuff haha and I love it. Like this one time i was verbally painting this glorious image of what i was trying to explain and she goes, "Oh like in Hercules?" Well yeah- i was just describing a scene from the movie... Lots of laughs when we're together. Niecie is the definition of trustworthy, and the only reason i passed Spring semester. Oh and boys... she's single!!!! Except one minor issue... she's about ready to turn in her mission papers!!! NIECIE DON'T LEAVE ME!!!! jk ;)

Miss Jette. This girl has grace. BYU's newest Jones child (She is single and ready to mingle). Jette is the girl that guys want to show off. Beautiful voice. She is all sorts of mature and stable but still knows how to have a good time. She is such a sweet little thing and now that she's at byu, James and i are going to have to keep all the rm's away from her!

Mo ho. Awww Morgan (dot dot dot) haha. Morgan is hawt i will tell you what. And the fellas agree. I think she's had more boyfriends this year then i've had my whole life. What can we say she is just high in demand. She has flawless style and is reeeeally good at doing make up. She is the confident fun-loving attitude girl that you can't get enough of. Super chill, and always coming up with something ridiculous to say that will make you roflol.

And such is the jones home! But you'd really have to meet all these wonderful people to see how great they truly are. I love spending time with them and will stay in the family as long as they'll have me! ... and keep feeding me and letting me play jin go mo fo on just dance bahaha. :)

3 comments:

  1. I FORGOT GRANNY!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH GRANNY IS MY HOMEE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how the focus is on you in james's picture lol. thanks for the love, though :) we love you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha i'm sure he would have wanted it that way... haha

    ReplyDelete


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com